Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
- Brand: ISSA Europe
- ISBN: 9788879596718
- Availability: In Stock
Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
The text provides all the tools necessary to successfully address the study of anatomy and physiology as well as a wide range of support materials for storing terms, the understanding of the fundamental concepts and the assessment of knowledge acquired. The text is accompanied by a rich iconography, which is not limited to the visual presentation of the structures and processes, but it operates visual comparisons between illustrations and photographs, it breaks down the complex physiological processes in sequential steps, it shows dissection of anatomical structures at increasingly microscopic levels and it has views of the whole and individual aspects of the physiological mechanisms. Al testo è allegato un CD interattivo gratuito contenente materiale didattico aggiuntivo.
- Learning Objectives Numbered lists of the opening chapters that tell you what you should learn in the chapter.
- Titles of the explanatory sections Titles of the sections, as well as introducing new topics, they enunciate key concepts.
- Tests Numbered questions presented regularly in each chapter, for which the answers are at the end of the book.
- Tips and Tricks Inserts that provide mnemonic tools and analogies to remember words and notions.
- Key points Inserts that describe the fundamental concepts covered in each section.
- Did you know that…?Opening inserts chapters that draw attention to the subject of the chapter providing curious information.
- Summary Schematic overview of the topics covered in the chapter.
- Summary Questions Verification questions divided into three levels: Summary of facts and words, summary concepts, critical reasoning and clinical applications.
- Glossary Section consisting of two parts: common Eponyms and Key Terms.
- Answers At the end of the book they are the answers to the questions of the tests and summary questions.
- “Side to side” images Representations of illustrators accompanied with photographs of the same structures in cadaveric dissections.
- “Step by step” images Figures that break down the complex physiological processes in a series of sequential steps.
- “From macro to micro” images Anatomical views in sequence ranging from entire structures to their smallest components.
- “Pilote” images Overall views that introduce complex processes which are repeated when necessary to follow the steps.
- Illustrations superimposed on photographs Views of anatomical structures in context and in real proportions of the human body.
- Colored tabs Tabs on the edge of the pages indicate the unit, the specific body system and the chapter title.
- Reminders of the concepts Chain icons in the text that refer to numbers of pages in which are present connected threads.
- Interactive CD A CD-ROM containing an interactive atlas of anatomy, animations, tutorials, and case reports.
Chapter: Livelli di organizzazione.
- 1. Introduzione all’anatomia e alla fisiologia
- 2. Livello chimico di organizzazione
- 3. Livello cellulare di organizzazione
- 4. Livello tissutale di organizzazione
Unità 2: Sostegno e movimento.
- 5. Tegumentary system
- 6. Bone tissue and bone structure
- 7. Axial skeleton
- 8. Appendicular skeleton
- 9. Joints
- 10. Muscle tissue
- 11. Muscular system
Chapter 3: Control and regulation.
- 12. Nervous tissue
- 13. Spinal cord, spinal nerves and spinal reflexes
- 14. Brain and cranial nerves
- 15. Nervous integration I: sensitive pathways and the somatic nervous system
- 16. Nervous integration II autonomic nervous system and higher-order functions
- 17. Sensory organs
- 18. Endocrine system
Chapter 4: Liquids and transportation
- 19. Blood
- 20. Heart
- 21. Blood vessels and circulation
- 22. Lymphatic system and immune system
Chapter 5: Exchanges with the environment.
- 23. Respiratory system
- 24. Digestive system
- 25. Metabolism and energy
- 26. Urinary system
- 27. Fluid balance, electrolyte and acid-base
Chapter 6: Continuity of life.
- 28. Reproductive system
- 29. Development and inheritance.
- Answers to questions of the tests and summary questions.
|Authors||Frederic H. Martini – Judi L. Nath|
Concluded an order, we give you the option to extend it, change the size, change the delivery address or delete it while the order is in "Confirmed".
Subsequently, the preparation and submission process will start and this will no longer be possible. You can check at any time the status of your purchase from the Orders section:
1. Waiting for the Brand: we are waiting for the Brand to send the goods.
2. In stock: we are starting to prepare orders, and as every thing done well we could take a few days.
3. Delivering: Your order is in the hands of the courier and it will be delivered to you in the coming hours.
4. Delivered: you have received your order and you have already opened it.
*Some campaigns may have special conditions for delivery, in which case you can find these in the More info tab or in the description of the products themselves. These special conditions shall prevail over the stipulations indicated in other sections of our web site.
We offer a unique service that allows you to return your orders quickly and easily.
If you are not happy with your purchase, you can always return it with Easy Return, with the exception of underwear items, for hygienic reasons.
You have 14 calendar days to be able to request the return, from the delivery date of your purchase. Please note that it may take 48 hours before the order appears in the Easy Return list.
Also remember that once the campaign is over we will not be able to create a new order to the brand and thus we won't be able to make product changes.
*Some campaigns may have special repayment conditions, in this case you will find them in the More info tab or in the description of the products themselves.
For returns fill out the form Returns